Magitech Smartjoint Block jointing Mortar is a superior water-resistant cement-based mortar specially formulated for joining blocks. This mortar is specially designed and manufactured under stringent quality controls to give superior adhesive strength, higher durability, and a strong bond between the blocks. This unique combination enables this mortar to be thinner, compact, and versatile. It also ensures higher bond strength and durability at only 3 mm thickness. compare to the conventional mortar at 12-15 mm replacing the conventional cement and sand mix mortar completely.
Surface Preparation :
The surface area where Magitech Smartjoint Block Jointing Mortar needs to be applied should be sound, thoroughly clean, and free from dust, grease, oil, and any loose material. The masonry surface should be pre-wetted before applying Magitech Block Jointing Mortar.
How To Apply :
Take the required quantity of water (9 to 11-liter water added in 40kg bag) in a clean bucket, and Magitech Smartjoint Block Jointing Mortar as recommended. Stir continuously for 5-10 minutes by using an electric mixer or by hand to obtain a homogeneous lump-free mix. Allow the resultant went mortar to stand for about 5 minutes for the additives to dissolve. Re-mix again for about 2minutes. The mixture is now ready. Use the mix within 60 minutes. For best results, it is advisable to use a notched trowel of 3 to 4 mm to have better contact and bonding
- Block fix made from a unique combination of cement, graded sand proprietary additives
- The unique chemical combination enables this mortar to be more compact, thinner, and stronger.
- At only 3mm thick, it is far thinner than the conventional mortar which is between 12-18mm.
- Pre-mixed, only water to be added.
- No curing is required after application. Thus saving water
- Thinner layer guarantees to be more cost-effective
- Easy to mix and faster to apply
- Plastering can be done after 24 hrs of application
- Time and manpower is saved
- Lesser shrinking and seamless structure
- High strength adhesion
- Consistency of material and quality
- Can be applied by ordinary mason - no special skill required.
Coverage of Magitech SmartjointBlock Jointing Mortar is approx. 120 sq. ft. with an average thickness of material for lightweight blocks size of the 4-inch block.
The coverage area however will depend upon the quality and evenness of the substrate, thickness of joints.
Technical Information :
||25 - 30%
|Pot life approximately
||2 hrs @ 27 C
|Tensile Adhesion strength @
Application Area: Light Weight Blocks & Bricks joining mortar works.
Use:9 to 11 Ltr. Clean water to be used in 40Kg Bag. Mix properly and apply.